Almost every day, somebody asks “how much will this air conditioner or that heating system cost?” The answer might surprise you. Most people think that we buy a unit, pay the guys to install it and that is the price. This covers about 2/3rds of the cost.
Some of the expenses that not seen are:
- Insurance – workman’s comp, liability, and trucks.
- Trucks – purchase, maintenance, gas, and tires.
- Specialized Tools – gauges, meters, pumps, Reclaimers, power tools, leak detectors, monoxide detectors, ladders, and hand tools.
- Office – Rent, clerical, phones, heat, lights, computers, office supplies, Accounting, payroll, legal, and mail
- Taxes – Federal, State, and property.
- Licenses – Gas, OHSA, Sheet Metal, Nate, EPA, lead, CSST, underground, and various manufactures.
Training – Product updates, service updates, new equipment, software.
- Materials – solder, duct seal, duct tape, wire ties, misc. gases , cleaning products, misc. electrical supplies, piping, wiring, and detectors.
- Labor – vacation, sick time, paid holiday, and school.
At Joyce Cooling & Heating Inc., we strive to keep these costs as low as possible to insure you are getting value for you dollar while maintaining the quality you expect.